The Residents - Santa Dog '88Performer: The Residents
Title: Santa Dog '88
Cat#: UWEB 001, UWEB 0001
Size MP3 version: 2193 mb
Size FLAC version: 1440 mb
The Residents - Santa Dog '88
|1||Fire (Santa Dog '72)||1:46|
|2||Santa Dog '88||5:22|
|3||Santa Dog '78||1:55|
|4||Santa Dog '84||2:57|
|UWEB 0001||The Residents||Santa Dog '88 (CD, RE)||UWEB||UWEB 0001||US||1990|
- Cover – Rex Ray
- Written-By, Performer [Uncredited] – The Residents
First pressing with green front cover and disc with black ink background. Given free to all UWEB members (Uncle Willie's Eyeball Buddies). Hand-numbered and signed by Uncle Willie: "Welcome to UWEB - (name and number) - XXX Uncle Willie". Note that the number is the UWEB membership number, a customer code (which was the same previously when ordering from Ralph Records mail order), not the number in this edition for which the total number of copies is unspecified.
Notes from release:
- Track 1 (aka Fire): the first song ever recorded by The Residents for Ralph Records. It was recorded as part of the two-record set of 45's. The project was distributed free for Christmas,
- Track 2: The Residents recorded this version of Santa Dog in response to their discovery of their growth beyond the innocence of their early work. It heralded the end of "the classic period" (though technically, one more record, "The Commercial Album" was recorded after this song was released). The project was distributed free to all mail-order customers of Ralph Records,
- Track 3 (unfinished): in a first for The Residents, a track is here presented that was never completed. In original concept, The Residents has planned to record "Santa Dog" because it has been six years since the last recording and twelve since the first. Besides, it was 1984. As work progressed, The Residents realized that recording "Santa Dog" should be done only as relating to changes in The Residents's outlook. Part of this arrangement was pilfered for use in "Fur Elsie". This recording was never distributed,
- Track 4: this version now appears. It was recorded especially for U-WEB and appears only on this CD. This project is distributed free to all U-WEB members.
"All Santa Dogs written & performed by you-know-who"
Catalog number: UWEB 001 on back insert and booklet, UWEB 0001 on CD.
(p) (c) 1972, 78, 88, The Cryptic Corporation
Printed in Canada
- Matrix / Runout: UWEB-001-2T
- Rights Society: BMI
- Manufactured By – UWEB
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Cryptic Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Cryptic Corporation
- Published By – Pale Pachyderm Publishing
Santa Dog '88 - The Residents. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Santa Dog 88 was the first release by The Residents fan club called Uncle Willie's Eyeball Buddies, or UWEB for short. It included four versions of the song Fire also known as Santa Dog, originally released on the 1972 double single Santa Dog. Copies of the CD were given out free and signed by Uncle Willie. Santa Dog . Santa Dog '88. The Residents. Refused-Santa Dog Collection. The Orchard Music от лица компании Cherry Red Records. Since the birth of the Residents and Ralph Records, the song Santa Dog has been a track reworked every four years, then sent out as free gifts to fans. Missing Lyrics. About Santa Dog 88. Santa Dog 88 Q&A. Producers The Residents. Writers The Residents. More The Residents albums. Demons Dance Alone. Show all albums by The Residents. Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей The Residents. Listen free to The Residents Santa Dog '88 Santa Dog . Fire, Santa Dog '78 and more. 4 tracks 11:55. Santa dog '88 is a CD that was given away as a Christmas present to members of UWEB Uncle Willie's Eyeball Buddies. It contains every recorded version of Santa Dog from 1972 to 1988. Santa dog '72 Fire. Santa dog '78. Santa Dog '84. It was originally hand numbered and signed by Uncle Willie. Santa Dog '78 Santa Dog '88 Liver Music Santa Dog '92 Refused Santa Dog 2006 Bridegroom of Blood Santa Dog 2012 Wonder of Weird Santa Dog '17. Santa Dog1972. The 1972 two disk single Santa Dog, supposedly about a weiner dog in a Santa suit and with a title that's an anagram of Satan God, was the first published recording by The Residents. Santa Dog '88 is a music singlesepsfan clubpromo recording by THE RESIDENTS RIOAvant-ProgProgressive Rock released in 1988 on cd, lp, vinyl andor cassette. Santa Dog 1:47 2. Santa Dog 1:56 3. Santa Dog 2:58 4. Santa Dog 5:21. Line-up, Musicians. The Residents, everything. Releases information. Released in 1988 on CD by UWEB