No Warnings and notice
Stazione Sciistica Ovindoli Monte Magnola
SPORT | SKI AREA
Piazzale Magnola, 69
Ovindoli Mount Magnola | Winter sports resort and summer holiday
Mr Giancarlo Bartolotti, already president of the group that referring to S.I.T.A.srl of Ovindoli and owner of the Hotel structure “ Park Hotel” , after a long negotiation , purchased Valturverma spa and founded a new society named “ Monte Magnola Impianti Srl “, having as its aim their management and the administration, Remarkable improvements were immediately made, carrying out improvements both on the ski lifts and on the existing infrastructures and consequently, in a few years, Ovindoli was given a new look. Two are the key words introduced by the new management : Increase in Value and Investment. First of all they made a reclaim and the reactivation of 20 km of ski slopes of several levels, and in the summer of 1995 they built an up to date artificial snow maker programmed for snow production , both at high and low pressure, able to guarantee a perfect snow mantle of about 5 km of ski slopes, also in case of bad weather conditions. It is also placed a modern system of reading in the distance and validation of badges (cards) in order to enter the ski lift. The ski resort is then up to the best resorts in Central Italy, and consequently there has been a constant increase in the number of visitors over the years. In 1997. a new construction site was open in order to realize two modern three seat chairlifts and almost 5 km of new ski slopes. In 1998 they realized and opened another ski slope about 3 km long , “ IL PISTONE “, a ski slope that was left closed until that date , since it was never finished because of the inadequate equipments of the time, and , at the same time , they increased , improved and made safe the already existing ones. the ski resort can boast a surface, where you can practice various sport activities , of more than 80 hectares, with 30 km of ski slopes, and the following ski lifts : 3 chair lifts with three seats, 2 chair lift with six seats with automatic amortization ( the last one realized in 2011) , 1 ski lift, 4 covered tapis roulants, 1 automatic cabin with 8 seats with a capacity of about 21000 people per hour. Among the other investments realized, it will be enough to mention
- the realization, on all the district, of a new and computerized machinery for artificial snow, in order to guarantee snow in all the ski slopes, with the realization of an artificial lake for its water supply, carried out in 2010.
- The construction of the Snow Park, divided in two zones: Magnola Upper Park (at 1980 mt) and the lower park on the Dolce Vita slope ( at 1650 mt), for all the people fond of snow board
- The presence of six snow cats of the latest generation in order to guarantee the good maintenance of the ski slopes.
- The renovation of the mountain dews already existing ( 6 ) and the realization of a new hotel at 1800.mt, “ Rifugio Chalet Anfiteatro” located directly on the ski slopes, unique in its genderand equipped with all the comforts, including a wellness centre.
- The construction of the PALAMAGNOLA building , headquarter of the administrative office and of the management of the company. The building also contains a conference room and a business district.
- The achievement, over the summer 2013, of 5 new ski slopes ( Aquila 1, Aquila 2, Grifone, Scoiattolo and Skiweg Vetrina/Canalone) As to the next future, new and very important investments are already being planned; they consist of projects already approved and authorized for the realization of 3 new chair lifts with a capacity of about 2400 people each per hourall of them , with a boarding carpet and the realization of 7 new trails , in the area of the 3 new structures, for an amount of further 15 km where to ski, provided with safety equipments and artificial snow in each ski slope.
The target of the investments is to offer a ski basin bigger and bigger and more and more well-structured, so that to allow additional increase in the very good results achieved so far. While in 1994, there were only 36.000 entrances, today there are about 240.000 entrances, with more than annual passages.
Finally, the ski resort Monte Magnola Impianti di Ovindoli can guarantee the practice of winter sports for about 130 days a year and it is also equipped with an excellent assistance service on the ski slopes, guarantee by the presence both of the ninth regiment of the Alpine Troops of L’aquila and of the Carabinieri of the Headquarters of Ovindoli.
In conclusion, today arriving at Ovidoli is even easier thanks to the Highway A24-A25 , at about one hour’s drive from Rome, while the opening in 2012 of the Gallery of Torninparte, in the Municipality of Rocca di Cambio, is expected that will facilitate a new tourist inflow coming from regions such as Tuscany, Umbria and Marche. Now the district can offer tourism about 20.000 beds in hotels, boarding houses, residences and holiday houses.
1 - 5